Building Contents Cover

Home Insurance is a term for describing two different types of general insurance:

  • Buildings Insurance
  • Contents Insurance

Building Insurance

If you own your home then you may want to seriously consider having buildings insurance. If your house was damaged due to:

  • Fire
  • Storm
  • Flooding
  • Subsidence
  • Vandalism
  • Leaking pipes
  • Explosion,

then the home will be covered by the insurance. Buildings Insurance covers the fabric of the house such as the walls (including windows and doors), floors and roof as well as permanent fixtures such as a kitchen or bathroom.

Contents Insurance

This insurance covers you against loss or damage to your personal possessions which are inside your home and if included your garage and outhouses. Some insurance policies will give cover for items you take outside of the home such as laptops and mobile phones.

There are three main types of cover available:

  • New for old – This is where the insurer will replace everything that was lost for brand new items.
  • Indemnity cover – This will pay out the value of what was lost which is not necessarily the cost of replacing the item new. This can be a false economy even though the premium maybe less expensive.

Some policies include accidental damage, legal advice and cover, personal possessions and home emergency cover as an additional extra.

If you are looking for a high quality home insurance from a reputable insurer who has a high “pay out” claims percentage then speak to one of our General Insurance Specialists.

Get The Most Suitable Mortgage for Your Needs

Protect Yourself, Your Home and Your Family!


Mortgage Guardian

0115 714 1988